Xampp is best used when designing your website to enable to you sort out any Php and MySQL errors before going on to a live host.
Xampp uses MySQL . MySQL is done through Phpmyadmin; allowing you to connect your website to a dynamic database.
I personally use Brackets as my website editor as I find it very easy to use and it is also free of charge unlike other programs.
Step by Step Guide
- First download Brackets http://brackets.io/, according to the system that you are using e.g Mac or Windows.
- Save Brackets setup on your system where you can find it most easily.
- Allow through any security settings.
- Brackets is now installed. You may want to play around with the settings to get it the way you like it. (Check out my next tutorial)
- Download Xampp https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
- Once it is downloaded, Go to Xampp control panel and make sure Apache and MySQL is ticked.
- You can check that Xampp is working by typing in http://localhost and the website should come up.
- Once Xampp is downloaded, you should notice 3 different sections to it . These are Bitnami for Xampp (I don’t really use this one), Xampp Control Panel and Xampp htdocs.
- Xampp htdocs should be where the folders of your websites should be copied into once you have saved them on to your hard drive.
- The htdocs folder can then be copied into Brackets where it shows you to put your working files .
- In the corner of Brackets you should see lightening symbol. This will allow you have live preview.
- If you would like to preview this using Xampp, go to File – project settings and it will ask for the url ; you will need to write http://localhost again.
- NOW YOU CAN PREVIEW BRACKETS PROJECTS IN XAMPP !!
- Any questions please comment.