A Step by Step Guide to setting up Google Search Console
Google Search Console will let you know if you have any errors on your website, if web pages are not reading correctly or if your site is not mobile. It is different from Google Analytics which look at you audience base and where they come from.
- Login in to https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome
- You may be asked to login with your Google email address to get started- Make sure your business address is being used at this point.
- Next you will be asked to add a property. To do this you will need to type in the url address of your website in to the box as shown below.
- The next part is a bit more techy. You will need to verify ownership of the website.
The easiest way to do this is to add the html snippet to the header( The top section of your web page) of your home page of your website.
This will need to be done in html, and not just using the editor part of your website.
There is a further information section to read if needed.
If you have a WordPress website, you can install a header and footer plugin and insert the html snippet there or alternatively use Yoast SEO which can help in all ways for on- page SEO.
For Wix websites. Please use this page https://support.wix.com/en/article/verifying-your-site-using-header-codes
- After your website has been verified, it will take a few days but you will see some errors. I will help you fix these ..